Hello, Good morning, how do you do?
*Ahem* Dear Customers of the RayneyDay Cafe,
RayneyDay Cafe is on complete hiatus now. I regret..no I do not regret this decision. I have finally…FINALLY found a goal I want to do with my life. It took me 15 years of teachers and adults constantly nagging me about it but I’ve found it and I’m so happy!
Ready for it?
I want to be a translator or a teacher of English in an Asian country. Maybe even jump to places like Japan or Korea or China. I have always loved languages, especially Asian languages; it’s actually what brought me to loving anime. I also love to travel and have all my life, we’ve never lived in one spot for more than 4 years at a time. Only, I’ve never been to Europe or Asia or Russia, that whole area I want to explore! And teach there too! To do this, I need to get to work learning languages and practicing a lot and I mean a lot. I have already signed up for a one year, every Saturday Japanese course. It will last my entire grade 10 school year.
Let’s say my life consists of 100 points for grade 10. This language course I would like it to take up about 10 of my points. But then also on my own studying and reading…another 5 so in total 15.
I would also like to get a job and begin saving up for the years to come. My goal is to be somewhere in Asia before I turn 25. I have about 10 years. This after school job will take up even more time. Let’s say it’s another 10.
Then there is my grades to worry about. I would like to get a 95 average, you know, step it up from my 93. 95 just sounds a lot nicer, ya’know? So studying will also be added into the equation. How about…15 of my points.
Then I am going to take hip hop or latin dancing as a school activity…really any kind of dancing because I loooooove to dance! 5 points for that.
So right now I have about 45 points used up. Continuing on means my social life including family and friends activities like parties, outings, sleepovers, holidays [this does NOT include social media like Tumblr] and that takes about 35-40 points of my life.
All together, it’s about 75-80 points. My mother has always said use about 80% of your energy for work and the other 20% for play.
The rest will be spent doing my hobbies like sleeping, I also want to become more independent with my cooking, my art and music [like k-pop, hip hop, rock, j-rock and all that], the sciences and just relaxing.
RayneyDay…unfortunately is not apart of any of my future plans…it has only about 3 points in my daily life. Grade ten is going to be a busy year for me and RayneyDay will only slow me down if I continued at the pace I was going at for so long.
Do I regret RayneyDay? No of course not. Do I regret putting it at the back of my mind? No, I do not. To focus on my life ahead of me, I need to drop the unnecessarily important baggage that contributes to my future.
But I love all of you and a lot of you have become very important friends to me…and I want to find a way to stay in touch with you!
MESSAGE ME ‘GOOD LUCK’ IF YOU WANT SOME PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION. DEPENDING ON HOW CLOSE WE ARE I MIGHT GIVE YOU MY TWITTER, BBM OR PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL, SKYPE OR EVEN FACEBOOK IF WE ARE VERY, VERY CLOSE.
Thank you so much for everything and this great experience.
I’m done role-playing other people’s lives…it’s time I took control and started living my life the way I want to live it.
Anyway, wish me luck in my future and…farewell